Copying

Saturday, 11 February 2012

Resume & Application Letter

Greetings! The pictures below consist of my resume and application letter. Please feel free to give your most critical comments! :P For my application letter, some parts are underlined in red as it seems weird to me, but I'm not quite sure how to edit it to a better form. I will be extremely grateful if you can help me rectify the errors (if there are any)!

Thank you!

-REMOVED!-




2 comments:

  1. I think the overall layout of your resume is quiet neat and good. But, areas you may add on are to give more details of your experience rather than just listing out all jobs you have done, such as show what skills you have developed or any changes you made supporting with data (like what we learned at class). Additionally, it will also be applied for your application letter since you can add more details of your experience to show your skill which matched with the job requirement. Hope it helps!!! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MingYan! I thought your application overall was clear and nicely structured. I'll just give my two cents on some of the things you have highlighted in your letter(:

    comment[u1]/[u4]: I thought they were ok. Probably you can try to link how "willing to take up challenging tasks" and the responsibilities you have taken show that you are eligible for the job?

    comment[u2]:
    I was actually confused when you mentioned about ad-hoc assignments because you followed with things about school.
    Maybe you can start with "During the job, I have taken ad-hoc assignments which are..." to make it clearer.

    Regarding the "ad-hoc assignments", perhaps you can describe what are the "different people" you have worked with. They may be workers of different nationality, your supervisors, etc. I am not sure if this is your case but I think it can better show that you are a team player as you have previously worked with people from different backgrounds.

    You can probably even elaborate more on what are the assignments you did as a team as well.

    Hope the comments are useful!

    ReplyDelete