Copying

Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Isabel's Final Reflection

Almost approaching to the end of the course, frankly speaking, I really enjoy this fabulous course through the whole semester. It is a very special course which I have never taken before. Firstly, the most attractive part is the course style where our professor always leads us to engage in communication and to have a lot of interactive learning. Under this open learning atmosphere, I feel very relax and engage in actively learning. 


Overall, via this module, despite the oral presentation, another impressive thing I learned is about interview. I have to say the professor really design this part very well. Through the theoretical knowledge learning, peer teaching and mock interview practice, I acquired the in-depth understanding of interview. Especially, getting critique of the cover letter by the professor, I get the idea of how to write a concise and effective cover letter. 


Furthermore, the most effective way to absorb the knowledge is via our peer teaching. Initially, I was very worried about this “peer teaching” thing since I have never experienced before. We should act like a “teacher” to deliver the knowledge to make students understand and learn from our topic of interview. Actually, it was a big job to prepare this peer teaching because interview contains various aspects which need to be covered and as a fresher, I must first comprehend it thoroughly and then give the peer teaching. 


However, I am very lucky to have my group members to cooperate and help with each other to prepare this big topic. We worked as an effective group to implement our plan on this topic smoothly and each one had a precise designated work to cover each aspect of interview. Also, we practiced and rehearsed a lot of times in order to deliver a good peer teaching. Through this process, I really experienced a comprehensive learning about the essence of interview. 
  
Overall, this ES2007 module is providing a lot of fun to me and l really enjoy taking this course and gaining knowledge from it. Reluctant to say goodbye to professor and all my dear classmates, I sincerely hope all of you all the best and enjoy every happy day!!!

Lastly, to recommend a useful link (TED) to help us improve our presentation skills and gain worldwide knowledge:  http://www.ted.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment